- track logged time using the Card Metrics tab
- track logged time using the Cycle time chart
- track logged time using the Advanced Search tool
- track logged time using the "Timesheet View Reports"
In Kanbanize, you can track the pure time you have spent on a given task or a subtask by manually logging time. Tracking time is useful for billing purposes and for future estimates and planning.
To log working hours against a task, just right-click it and select "Log time" from the context menu. Using the log time input panel, you can log time against the task as a whole or any of its subtasks on as many separate occasions as is required based on your work item.
For more information check the dedicated article.
Kanbanize tracks the working hours logged by users. When you want to review the logged time you can use any of these methods:
The Card Metrics Tab
All the time logged to a task is accumulated under the corresponding column in the metrics tab of any of your cards:
The Cycle Time Chart
You can check the logged time using the analytics modules. The Cycle time chart shows how much time has been logged for each task:
The Advanced Search tool
Using the Advanced search tool you can create filters and get tasks with logged time per board, user, etc.
Open the gif below in a new tab to get a closer view of the most common search scenario* for cards with logged time. Note that you can refine and configure the results you get in accordance with your use case. For example, you can filter cards by type and get cards with a logged time of a certain type only.
* The video below filters all cards on a certain board and provides overview of those which have been logged time. Then, using the refine search criteria, you can filter by an Assignee to narrow down your search.
The Timesheet Report
To generate Log time reports on a global level, use the Timesheet report tool.
The Timesheet report tool shows an aggregated view of the time logged per each of the users, for a given period of time. Moreover, the tool allows you to aggregate the entries per day, to exclude weekends and to get data for a selected workspace/board/columns and lanes. On top of that, you are also able to export all the data in Excel.
Important: Only Account Owners or Workspace Managers can run and view Logged time reports.
To run a Log Time Report-> go to your dashboard, open the Retractable menu and select View Reports.
There are two types of reports you can create:
- > "Timesheet per user" report (1)
- > "Worklog per card" report (2)
The results you get are available for export in Excel sheet format. Each exported table matches the original one as displayed in the tool.
(1) How to generate a "Timesheet per user" Report?
This report displays the total logged time for each registered user in your account.
Just click "Search" to get results in a table format for all registered users. Usernames are ordered alphabetically and with each entry, you can see the respective Logged time and the time distribution per Workspace/Board. By default, all users are included.
Note: At the bottom of the panel you will get a list of all cards with logged time. If you click the Card ID you will be redirected to the card itself.
The tool allows you to narrow down your search by applying one or more filters and get results for a specific board, column, user, etc. You can even specify a time range. Please, check the configuration options below:
* Open the image in a new tab to get a closer view.
(1) Workspaces and Boards: expand the menu and checkmark all Workspaces and Boards; a set of boards or a single board for which you wish to generate the report.
Tip: You can use the filter option by entering a keyword for a quick search.
(2) Columns: expand the menu and check all; a group of columns or a certain column
(3) Lanes: expand the menu and check all; a group of lanes or a certain lane
(4) Time logged by: to choose who you want to include in your report, expand the Author dropdown and mark the users to appear in the report. By default, all users will be included (Time logged by).
(5) Date: if you want to see the time logged today or last week, just expand the Date dropdown and choose the range you are interested in. If you prefer custom dates, choose “Range” and then Begin date and End date.
(6) Highlight entries
You have the option to mark users who have logged more/less than x hours per period or per day. Set a check mark on the condition you wish to activate and enter the targetted number in the box.
For example, if you always expect people to log 8 hours per day, you may want to highlight entries that don’t meet this criterion. If you check the “Mark users who logged less than X hours” option, the report will automatically highlight the entries with yellow color. Respectively, the report will mark with blue the entries which meet the “Mark users who logged more than X hours” criterion. If you are interested in the total amounts of time (e.g. 40 hours per week), choose the time range that you are interested in and check the “Mark users who logged more/less than X hours per period” option.
(7) Additional Options
- Aggregate per day
Use this option to generate a timesheet for the entire team or just for yourself. It will check how much time has been logged each working day for the entire period. If no time is logged the report will show 0. This option is handy if you have a smooth distribution of the workload and you expect time to be logged each day. Important: card details cannot be Exported when "aggregated per day" is enabled.
- Exclude weekend
The exclude weekends option ignores time logged during weekends. It makes sense to use this option if you aggregate the log entries per day and your work week is standard (Monday – Friday).
-> The Advanced Options
When you expand the Advanced options, you can use filters for the specific card attributes you have defined: Assignee, Priority, Tag, Size, Color. Select the criteria from the corresponding dropdowns.
Tip: checkmark the box at the right bottom of the panel if you want to show subtasks separately within the report.
(2) How to generate a "Worklog per card" report?
The "Worklog per card" report displays all cards in the system for which users have logged time.
Use the configuration options to narrow down your search and display cards per: Workspaces and Boards, columns, Lanes. Via the Advanced options, you can filter by an Assignee, Priority, Tag, etc.