1. Link Order and Visualization
If you have configured your account to make the linked cards visible at the closed card view (see the Note below), you will see all linked cards displayed in default order.
The card in the image below (img.1) has all type of card relations, where links are ordered as follows:
- predecessor (curved arrow)
- parent (arrow points up)
- child (arrow points down)
- relative (right arrow)
- successor (curved arrow)
2. The Links Overview panel capabilities
The system allows you to see the entire hierarchy of the currently opened card, even if it spans multiple levels in the organization. This allows team members to see how their tasks contribute to the bigger picture, while managers can easily get an overview of entire projects.
Open the card and go to the Links Overview menu (the bottom right side of the card), where all links are displayed. You can see the position of the currently opened card in the hierarchy.
Click on any of the links to instantly open the respective linked card.
The "LINKS OVERVIEW" section shows two sub-sections:
- Hierarchy - shows parent and child cards at different levels. The system does not allow users to manually change the order of the dependencies, except for the child cards order*.
* You should be an Account Owner or a Workspace Manager to be able to change the order of the child cards.
- Relatives & Dependencies - shows relative, predecessor and successor cards
All levels of children and their children are displayed below the currently opened card, which is marked with a yellow background. The "Children (Level 1)" section visualizes the direct children of the current card. Level 2 visualizes all grandchildren of the currently opened card, and so on.
The same logic goes for all levels of parent cards. Parents at level 1 represent the direct parents of the current card. Parents at Level 2 represent the grandparents and so on.
Moreover, users can create new cards and set the type of relation between the cards directly from the Links Overview panel.
Use the plus icon to open the dedicated panel and create a new linked card or link existing cards in the system.
Important: There are several ways to link already existing cards and to create new linked cards in the system. Please, check the dedicated article here.