1. Project Location
The Projects in Kanbanize are represented by the blue ribbons located on the left side of the Dashboard.
2. Project Settings
Think of a Project as a folder for the boards of different departments in your organization.
Each Project has its own settings -> just click on the dotted (settings) icon that belongs to the project.
Note: each board has its own settings, which to some extent overlap with the Project settings.
3. Description of the Project Settings
From the Project settings panel, you can manage the following account settings and activities:
- Rename Project: use it to edit the Project name.
- Copy Project: make a copy of your entire Project in your Kanbanize account.
- Manage Boards (img.1) - configure the below-listed settings for the boards that belong to the respective Project. Click on Manage Boards to open the "Project and Board Settings" panel.
Note: Make sure you have selected the board where configurations will be applied from the left side of the panel. All configurations are per Board.
(1)Configure Global Board Settings
- Card size type
- Allow exceeding limits - this is a WIP limit related configuration. You can allow or deny a column limit to be exceeded.
(2) Copy/Move Board - copy or move a board.
(3) Custom fields - check p.2 of the dedicated article.
(4) Configure Cycle Time
(5) Create Types - to categorize tasks that have common characteristics.
(6) Create Templates - design a card and set up predefined properties that will be constant for the cards for which that template is applied.
(7) Custom Fields -check p.1 of the dedicated article.
Manage Card Types: this is a shortcut to the Create Types panel.
Manage Card Templates: this is a shortcut to the Add new template panel.
Manage Custom Fields: this is a shortcut to the Add new custom field panel.
Save as Workspace Template: this is a shortcut to the create new workspace template panel that allows you to save projects and boards and use re-use them to the same account or each external account associated with your Kanbanize registration email.
Archive Project: use this option to archive a project in your account.