Table of Content:
1. Overview of the Security Controls in Kanbanize
The Security Controls and the Card Controls provide а way to manage your security environment at a global account level. These options ensure better data protection and defense against intrusion and unauthorized access to the system. The Security Controls are managed by Account Owners or users granted with "Account Owner" privilege.
Switch the toggles to enable or disable the following security controls for the entire account:
*Open the image in a new tab to get a closer view.
-> SECURITY CONTROLS
- Creation and access to Public Filters - enable or disable the creation of Public Filters in the account. If disabled, then the access to all existing Public filters will be revoked.
- Adding Card Attachments - enable or disable file attachments inside cards and initiatives. If disabled, then users will not be able to attach any files from their PC or cloud storage to the cards and initiatives.
- Logging out on browser exit - log out users when they exit internet browsers
- Only Account Owners can create and copy workspaces and boards - If enabled, it allows the creation of workspaces and boards only by Account Owners. If disabled, Workspace Managers will be able to create boards too.
- Only Account Owners can delete workspaces and boards - If disabled, Workspace Managers will be able to delete the boards that they are assigned to.
- Workspace Templates can be made available externally :
This option allows making the Workspace Templates available to users in different Kanbanize accounts, where they sign-in with the same registered email address. If disabled the templates will be available only for this account.
-> CARD CONTROLS
In general, the card control options define who in the account will be able to create, edit, and delete blockers/stickers and tags. These could be the Account Owners, the Workspace Managers or "everyone" (allows any user role to manage those card properties).
- Users that can manage Blockers - select any of the three options.
- Users that can manage Stickers - select any of the three options.
- Users that can manage Tags - select any of the three options.
- Users that can manage Types - select any of the three options.
- Users that can manage Custom Field - select any of the three options.
2. How to access the Security Controls?
To access the Security Controls, open the Administration panel at the top right side of your board and the Security & Audit tab.
To learn all about the Audit logs, please check the following article.