1. The Board Sidebar location
The Board sidebar is located to the right side of each board interface.
It provides quick access to the most frequently used features in Kanbanize.
2. Overview of the Board Sidebar features
From the Sidebar, users can perform certain actions and access the following functionalities (from top to bottom):
(1) Create New Card/Initiative - use the plus button on the top of the Sidebar to create а new card and/or an Initiative.
- If you enable both the Card Workflow and the Initiatives workflow, the system prompts you to select if you want to create a card or an Initiative.
- If you enable the Cards workflow only, the system allows you to create a card only.
(2) Card Tokens- the card tokens allow you to block cards or additionally mark them with a certain label for categorization. There are two types of card tokens Blockers and Stickers.
(3) Board Filter -
filter your cards per board based on selected criteria (for example - Assignee)
(4) My Queue and Worklog -
use this feature if you want to quickly see at a glance all cards, which are assigned to you across all workspaces and boards. The panel allows you to check how much time was logged on every task.
(5) Related Boards -
feature if you want to break
down activities into smaller deliverables and create board relation. Drag & drop a card from "board X" onto a related board to create a new linked card.
(6) Board Background -
make your workflow more stylish by adding an image or set a color as a background of your board.
(7) Import Cards
- importing Kanban cards using Excel is the quickest way to populate your Kanban board in bulk without having to create and fill in each card manually.
(8) Configure Card View -
customize your card and decide which card properties to be visible at the closed card view.
(9) Invite users
- Account Owners can invite users directly from their boards.