You need to be either an Account Owner or a user granted with the "Manage Teams" privilege to be able to create and manage Teams from the Account Administration.
This feature aims to facilitate bulk user access to selected boards and allows you to set different roles for a team to each board.
The teams reflect the internal organizational structure and might be created to serve a temporary service. Step 1: To create a new team, open the "Teams" tab in the Account Administration menu and click "Create a team" (1).
Step 2: The next step is to add team members to the new team.
The Teams table lists all currently created teams, the number of team members per each team, plus the number of boards the respective team is assigned to.
Click any value under the Teams members column (2) to open the panel with all registered Kanbanize users with the selected team.
Filter out or scroll down to find the selected user name and click the respective switch button to make them members.
The user might become:
Team member: can access all boards where the team is assigned to.
Team manager: can add/remove users as well as edit the team.
Step 3: When you complete adding team members, select the Boards to which the team is assigned. All members will get access to those boards.
Click the link in the "Board membership" column (Img.1 (3)) and then use the corresponding switch button of each board you wish to add to the team.
Step 4: You can also define the board-level Role of the Team: click the respective role in the "Role" column of each added board to open a panel with all existing roles. The role controls the permitted actions of the team members on that particular board. Teams can be assigned to multiple boards and they can have different roles for each of them.
You can create custom roles using the Roles tab under User Management in the Administration.
- If a given user does not have the Account Owner role, does not have the Workspace Manager role, and is not a Team Manager on any team, they will not have access to the Teams section under User Management.
- If a given user does not have the Account Owner role, does not have the Workspace Manager role but is a Team Manager, they will only have access to the teams that they manage.
- If a given user does not have the Account Owner role but is a Workspace Manager on at least 1 active (non-archived) workspace, they will have access to all Teams and the members inside of them.
- If the user has the Account Owner role, they will have access to all Teams and users within those teams, even if they are not added as a Workspace Manager on any workspace.
* The members of the team inherit the team's role for all boards that the team is assigned to.
** When users belong to several teams and these teams have different roles for a single board, the user's effective permissions will be a combination of all applicable roles. If one role grants access to a particular action but another role denies access to that same action, the user will be able to perform this action.
*** If a user is added to a board individually and as a member of a team (which is added to the same board), their permissions for the board will also be a combination of both roles.
Note that the "Global" team is added to the "Teams" panel by default. All registered Kanbanize users are automatically added as its members. Nobody in Kanbanize can remove or manually add users to this team. It is system automated:
- new account users will be automatically assigned to this team
- deleted users, will get deleted from the team
Using the Global team you can quickly provide access of all users in your account to certain boards.
Settings: Each team has its own settings that you can use to change the team name or to delete the team. Using the settings for the selected team, you can manage its team members and their membership from one more place.