Welcome to Kanbanize 8.0.
1. Assemble your business dashboards in Kanbanize
The update will be rolled out gradually throughout December.
Kanbanize 8.0 brings major and powerful changes in the way you will be using the dashboard.
The newly added functionality allows you to create multiple custom dashboards inside Kanbanize with highly customizable layouts to meet the unique needs of your organization.
It is possible to use dashboards at any level of your business operations. You can select to organize your dashboards by departments, projects, teams and product categories that suit your business or individual needs.
Each dashboard can display a combination of:
- Workspaces - add workspaces, which are relevant to the Dashboard context.
- Widgets - add widgets including Kanbanize Analytics charts, custom search reports and Power BI reports to track critical business health metrics.
- Workspaces and widgets - combine Workspaces and Widgets in a logical group (e.g. a project workspace with the respective metrics).
Once created, a dashboard can be shared with individual users or teams inside your organization to improve transparency and collaboration. You can assign Dashboard managers to let other users modify them.
With product update 8.0 we changed the position of certain UI elements to get aligned with the new design and improved user experience.
- You can now access the Worklog reports functionality from the Home Menu on the top of the Sidebar. Follow the same navigation if you need to set a background and personalize the entry point of your account.
- Your existing widgets will be moved to an automatically created Dashboard in your account.
Using the buttons, which are now located under the new Favorite Boards pane at the top of the Home Dashboard, you perform the following actions:
- Create Workspace (Team and Management)
- Access the Workspace Templates panel to reuse and transfer existing templates or create new ones
- Show Archived Workspace and Boards panel
There is a lot more to discover in this update that we would love to show you:
- Check out the Home dashboard overview and learn how to create and manage your own dashboards.
- Check out 3 different use cases of Team, Project and Portfolio Dashboards to get some ideas and practical tips.
We hope you will enjoy the re-imagined Kanbanize dashboards.
2. Link multiple cards from the Context menu
The newly added functionality provides one more way to quickly link multiple cards to existing cards or initiatives.
To do so, select multiple cards, open the Context menu and use the "Link to existing card" option. Select the link type, find the card/initiative to link to by entering a card id or title and then press the "Create Link" button.
Moreover, you can use the same approach to create a new card that will be instantly linked to the cards in your selection. Please, check the short video below:
Happy Kanbanizing with Kanbanize 8.0!