Table of Contents:
Let's have a quick overview of the home dashboard, which is the entry point of your account.
1. The Home Dashboard
The All Workspaces Dashboard (1) serves as a Home Page and provides centralized information and monitoring of all Workspaces and Boards in your account.
All custom Dashboards are available under the All Workspaces button (1). Every new Dashboard appears at the bottom of the list, but you can rearrange the order at your convenience.
All Workspaces menu: on hover, you will see the All Workspaces menu (the three dots icon) where you can choose to:
- access the Timesheet per user / Worklog per card reports
- show/hide hidden dashboards
You create a new Dashboard page using the Add Dashboard button (2).
The Favorite boards pane (3) located at the top of your All Workspaces Home Page displays all boards in your account that were marked as Favorite (click the Star ). When you mark a board as a favorite, it appears as such for you only (it doesn't appear as a favorite for anyone else).
Using the "My Workspace" buttons (4), you perform the following actions:
(5) Use the filtering option to quickly find workspaces and boards in your Home dashboard.
Pro Tip: You can configure the home dashboard to auto-open a selected board upon every login into the account, instead of going to the dashboard.
2. How to create a custom dashboard
Every Kanbanize user can create a dashboard. The system allows you to create multiple custom dashboards inside Kanbanize to meet the unique needs of your organization.
Each dashboard can display a combination of:
- Workspaces - add workspaces, which are relevant to the Dashboard context.
- Widgets - add widgets including Kanbanize Analytics charts, custom search reports, and Power BI reports to track critical business health metrics.
- Workspaces and widgets - combine Workspaces and Widgets in a logical group (e.g. a project workspace with the respective metrics).
When you create a new Dashboard, you can add a Workspace (1) or a Widget (2).
The Dashboard below combines workspaces and widgets to easily monitor the health of your business and interpret information at a glance.
This is an example of a widgets-only dashboard:
You can reorder the positions of the workspaces/widgets inside the dashboards:
Each Dashboard can contain a maximum of 10 widgets.
3. How to share your Dashboards?
Your dashboards can be shared with individual users or teams inside the account.
Use the setting of the selected dashboard and go to "Users" or "Teams". Choose individual users or respectively entire teams to share your dashboard with. Those users see the same workspaces and widgets as you and can interact with them.
The data visualized in the widgets depends on the permissions of each user in the system. That means that some users may see different data inside the widgets than others.
If the users/teams are not assigned to the boards in the shared Dashboard, they will be able to see neither the boards nor the widgets that are derived from those boards.
- Share Dashboard with Users
Use the filter to quickly find the user you are looking for or scroll up and down.
Slide the "Dashboard Members" toggle and the selected team member will be able to see the corresponding dashboard.
You can further assign the user as a "Dashboard manager" to let them modify your dashboard i.e. add/remove users, workspaces and widgets, and change the dashboard name.
- Shared Dashboard with Teams
You can share Dashboards with entire teams. Slide the "Dashboard members" toggle and all team members within the selected Team will be able to see the dashboard.
You can also assign them in bulk as Dashboard managers.
Other Dashboard settings:
- Workspaces - a management panel to control which workspaces will be present in the dashboard.
- Rename - change the name of the dashboard.
- Delete - remove the dashboard permanently.
- Set background - personalize your dashboard's background.
- Hide Dashboard - You will continue to be a member of the dashboard, but you will not see it into the list. You still can see the hidden dashboards from Home -> Menu -> Show hidden dashboards.
Please note that this setting applies to your view only.
4. Dashboards in the Administration
You need to be an Account Owner to be able to access the dedicated "Dashboards" panel in the Administration.
It provides an overview of all dashboards in your account and gives information for each dashboard. The panel displays all dashboards in a table format and includes the following information: number of users who use the dashboard; the number of teams, number of workspaces as well as the number of widgets. The settings menu allows Account Owners to manage users and teams that are assigned to the dashboard as well as to add/remove workspaces.
5. Additional Home Dashboard navigation
1. Advanced Search - use the search option to quickly search for a card by typing a keyword or a card ID. Use the magnifying glass to run custom reports based on the data in your account.
2. The Administration menu is the area where Account owners and Workspace managers have control over new and existing users, roles and privileges, teams, etc.
3. Help Center - check our Help Center to learn how to make the most of Kanbanize. You can filter out your results to open a video, knowledge base article, or a tutorial.
4. Notifications - sign up for in-app or email notifications to keep track of your team's activities and/or your own actions. You have the option to subscribe only for notifications, you are interested in.
Important: Notification settings are configured per board!
5. My Account lets you easily manage your account details, time zone, change password, access payment panel, etc.