Handling User Email Changes
When someone on your team gets a different email address, it’s important to update their email correctly in both SSO provider and Kanbanize settings.
If this isn’t done, there is a chance for the user to lock themselves out or create a duplicate account.
To avoid the creation of a duplicate user and to let the user keep the same SSO account, follow these steps before the user activates the new email in Kanbanize:
1. Ask the user to create a Kanbanize password, if they don’t have it. It is important that the user has a Kanbanize password in addition to SSO in order to confirm the email change later on.
2. Update the user’s email address in IdP settings. This will enable the new email address to use the same SSO and Kanbanize account.
3. Update user’s email in Kanbanize. Go to Administration Panel > User Management > Edit Member > update the email address. This will send an email confirmation link to the new address. The user will then have to use their Kanbanize password to confirm the email change.
It is crucial that the user does not confirm the new email before it is updated in IdP, otherwise, you will generate two Kanbanize users for the same person on your team.
In case that you already have a duplicate user:
2. Locate the duplicate user (the one with the new email address) and delete it.
3. Locate the original user and follow the steps above. If you can’t access the original user profile, contact the Kanbanize Support team.
If a user can’t access their Kanbanize account or reset the password - please, contact the Kanbanize Support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.