1. Manage custom fields for multiple cards
With Product Release 6.9, users can select multiple cards and set/update/remove custom fields for all of them simultaneously. This improvement reduces the manual efforts and time spent on custom fields management.
Adding custom fields from the card context menu
Use the mouse to draw a rectangle box in order to select multiple cards at once and right-click to open the card Context menu -> select Custom Fields to open a panel* with the list of all custom fields that have been added to your board.
* From the "Choose custom field" panel, select the field that you want to make available on the selection of cards and enter a value.
The field will be made available in the card Details.
Updating custom fields from the card view
If you have configured the custom fields to show on the card closed view, the field you chose will instantly appear at the bottom of all selected cards.
To update or remove any of the custom fields in your cards, just click on the field itself and perform the desired action.
If you want to update or remove а custom field in batches, access the Custom fields panel from the Context menu, select the field and make use of the Remove and Update actions.
2. Convert a subtask to a card
Users often need to finish a card with unfinished subtasks that turned out to require more time and efforts. With the new release, you can quickly convert a subtask into a regular card and keep your process smooth.
Open the Subtask tab of a card and click on the three dots icon that belongs to the subtask you want to covert -> select the "Convert to card" option.
When converting the subtask, you will be able to create an independent new card (this is the first option) or link the card as a child/parent/relative/predecessor/successor to the original card.
The system also allows you to sync certain card fields between the two cards.
When you select the type of link, the system will prompt you to place the card via the Board Minimap. The subtask name will be preserved in the Title name field of the new card.
In case that the subtask has an assignee and attachments, both will be present in the new card.
Note: Every time when users convert a subtask into a card, the system logs entries in the history of the cards.
3. Stickers and blockers available in the Business Rules and Reporting
With Kanbanize 6.9, we enhanced the blocker and sticker tokens capability in a variety of product areas.
- Blocker and Stickers tokens in Business rule
The tokens are now integrated components in the business rules filters and triggers.
You can configure the business rules to send an email notification on the following newly added events:
- every time when a card is blocked with a specific blocker reason
- every time a card is labeled with a sticker
- You can configure business rules to automatically block а card with a specific blocker reason or label it with a sticker when a system event occurs (create/move/update card; a time-related rule is evaluated as true, etc.)
- Blocker and Stickers Tokens in the Advanced search panel
The "Blocker" and "Stickers" tokens are added as criteria in the Advanced Search panel.
Refine your search and get a summary report about:
- cards being blocked for a certain reason
- cards labeled with a specific sticker
4. The Spreadsheet tool enhancement
The Google spreadsheet tool for easier data import and export is continuously improving and with this product update users can create and manage links between cards.
Get the new Version available on our Knowledge base and copy it to your own Google account to take advantage of its full potential.
You can also get redirected to the Spreadsheet link from the Import/Export panel located in the Board Sidebar.