1. Overview of the Users Management tab
2. How to manage user details?
- Edit Name, Username, Email Address
- Grant Admin Privileges
- Set up 2FA per user
- Registration Member Settings: edit user info, delete/disable/enable user, assign users to boards
- Invite new users
1. Overview of the Users management tab
From the User Management panel in the Administration, you can manage users, teams, and their board membership, roles, privileges, and WIP limits.
The Users tab stores all registered members in your account in a Table format. Once you invite a new user, their names become available in Users. Note that users which are disabled will be highlighted in red. Filter out or scroll down to find the selected user name.
The information you get displayed for each user is as follows:
Registration Name (1), Username (2), Email Address (3), Admin Privileges (4), 2FA (5), Registration settings (6), and the Invite User link (7).
2. How to manage user details?
Name, Username, E-mail address
Users with Account Owner privilege can change the registration name, username, and the user registration email address. You can do that from the three dots icon of the selected user. Click the
"edit member" setting to make the respective fields editable.
You can also sort out the information alphabetically by clicking on the column headers (1,2,3,4).
The Account owner can grant or remove user privileges.
The privileges provide users with extensive rights to perform different actions in the system.
Click any value (No Admin Privileges link) under the Admin Privileges column to open the Admin Privilege panel. You can grant privileges per user.
Here is the list of privileges in Kanbanize:
- Account Owner (includes all of the below)
- Create Workspaces
- Make Payments
- Manage Business Rules
- Manage Integrations
- Invite Users
- Manage Teams
- Manage User WIP Limits
To learn more about the privileges in Kanbanize, please check the dedicated article.
Enable the Two-factor Authentication (2FA)
Raise the security of your account by adding a second step to the login process, where users are asked to provide a one-time password generated by the Kanbanize mobile map.
Account owners can enable the 2FA per user or for all users in the account - checkmark the box of the selected user(s).
Registration member settings: edit user information, delete, disable/enable users
Account owners or users with the respective privileges can perform various actions using the Registration Members settings (the three dots icon) at the rightmost part of the panel. Select a user and click the three dots icon to open a panel (img.1) from where you can:
- Edit member information - change user's name, username, email address
- Edit admin privileges - update privileges
- Assigned Boards - assign the user to boards.
- Assigned Teams - manage teams that the user is assigned to.
- Reset 2FA
- Delete member - delete a user from your Kanbanize account. When you delete a user, their names will be highlighted in red. Check the dedicated article here.
- Disable/enable member - disabled users cannot access the account anymore and their license seat gets free, while all of their information is preserved in the system. With this feature, you can use one license and switch between different users without having to delete anyone. When you disable a user, their names will be highlighted in red. Check the dedicated article here.
- Assigned Boards per user - the panel displays all boards in your account. The user is assigned to all marked boards. Checkmark an empty box to assign users to other boards in your account and give them a role or Workspace Manager permissions.
Invite new users to your account
Account Owners or users with the relevant privileges can use the Invite User link to invite new user members to their Kanbanize account. You can invite new team members over their email addresses.
To learn all about this topic, check the dedicated article here.