To access the Security and Audit logs, open the Administration panel at the top right side of your screen and select the respective tab.
The Security controls (1) and Audit logs (2) are managed by the Account Owners.
* Open the image in a new tab to get a closer look.
The Security Controls (img. 1) provide а way to manage your security environment at a global account level. These options ensure better data protection and defense against intrusion and unauthorized access to the system.
Users with relevant permissions can enable or disable the following system activities for the entire account:
- Creation and access to Public Filters - enable or disable the creation of Public Filters in the account. If disabled, then the access to all existing Public filters will be revoked.
- Adding Card Attachments - enable or disable file attachments inside cards and initiatives. If disabled, then users will not be able to attach any files from their PC or cloud storage to the cards and initiatives.
- Logging out on browser exit - log out users when they exit internet browsers
- Only Account Owners can create workspaces and boards - If enabled, it allows the creation of workspaces and boards only by Account Owners. If disabled, Workspace Managers will be able to create boards too.
- Only Account Owners can delete workspaces and boards - If disabled, Workspace Managers will be able to delete the boards that they are assigned to.
- Workspace Templates can be made available externally :
This option allows making the Workspace Templates available to users in different Kanbanize accounts, where they sign-in with the same registered email address. If disabled the templates will be available only for this account.
The Audit log supplies one of the most effective ways of tracking system information.
It provides increased security, transparency and gives valuable insight into your environment.
Click View Logs at the bottom of the panel to review entry logs for all key areas in your account administration.
The Audit Logs track all system and user-invoked events and modifications in chronological order and displays the reasons for unsuccessful events.
This helps Account Owners monitor system performance and keep track of potential workflow disruptions.
The Audit Logs panel stores and displays the following information based on user or system actions:
- User Management (events per user)
- Business rules (events per Business Rules)
- Email Integration
- API 1
- API 2
- User Last Activity
- Workspace Templates
1) User Management
The User management log traces user activities in the system. It captures and presents the following information: Event Type, Author, Affected user, Details Time zone.
The logged events related to User Management are as follows:
- User confirmed
- User deleted
- Email changed
- Username changed
- Real name changed
- Avatar changed
- TFA changed
- API key changed
- Timezone changed
- Language changed
- Password changed
- User disabled
- User enabled
- WIP limits changed
- Global privilege added
- Global privilege removed
- Assigned as Workspace Manager
- Unassigned as Workspace Manager
- Assigned to board
- Unassigned from board
- Board role changed
2) Business Rules
The Business Rules log reflects the latest successful execution of the Active Business rules as well as cards affected by those rules.
It captures and displays the following information: Business rules name, Business rule ID, Executed on Card ID, Executed at.
3) Email Integration
The email integration log reflects the status of each message that the email integration processes.
It captures and displays the following information: Sender, Receivers, Subject, Details, Received at.
You can easily verify if the email if successfully processed or what is the reason for the failure.
The Webhook log reflects all modifications made to webhook connections across all of the boards in the account. It captures and displays the following information: Event type, Username, Details, Time.
The logged events related to Webhooks are as follows:
- Webhook created
- Webhook updated
- Webhook deleted
5) API v1
The API (version 1) log reflects all calls to the API and the user that sent the request.
It captures and displays the following information: Resources, Username, Time
6) API v2
The API (version 2) log reflects all calls to the API and the user that sent the request.
It captures and displays the following information: Status Code, Method, Resources, Username, Time.
7) User Last Activity
The User last activity log reflects the latest activity of all registered Kanbаnize users.
It captures and displays the following information: Username, Real Name, Last activity (timestamp)
8) Workspace templates
The Audit Logs keep a record of all actions performed on Workspaces Templates.
Each action is listed as a separate event and all events within a selected timeframe are chronologically ordered.
The logged events related to Workspace template are as follows:
- Create a new template
- Update template( title and description)
- Replace structure of the template
- Add user to template
- Remove user from template
- Change user's access
Note: All types of audit logs are now available for export in Excel sheet format. Just click the export button at the bottom of every panel. Each exported table matches the original one as displayed in the respective Audit log. You can use the filters to refine the time spam of exported audit log events.