We have been cooking something in the past several months and it's about time we share it with you! It's a brand new look and feel, which we hope you'll all like.
As a rather major change, we didn't want to just push it onto you. That's why we share the design mockups here and we invite you to submit your feedback here.
If you don't want to comment, you can still give us a thumb up or down. All data matters :).
NOTE: FOR LARGER VIEW OF THE IMAGES, SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND OPEN THE FILE ATTACHMENTS.
A quick overview of the light mode. More details below.
A quick overview of the dark mode. More details below.
Light Mode / Color Background
The light mode is closer to the current color scheme of the boards. However, we are planning to introduce a completely new view of the cards. The most significant changes are:
- The header of the card is replaced by a thin colored line, inspired by the compact view of the cards (zoom level 3). This approach is easier on the eyes when many cards are present on the board. The internal feedback we have is that this approach is much less distracting.
- The priority icon is changed to a digit from 1 to 4. This eliminates the need of a special setting for color-blinded people.
- The ID of the card is moved next to the priority.
- The username will only be visible on hover of the avatar image. It used to be visible on the card at all times.
- All all other properties remain unchanged and will be visible on the card based on your Card View Settings.
The dark mode is a long-awaited feature that we never had the time to implement. Seeing how great it looks, however, we will most definitely give it a much higher priority. Do you agree?
- Everything looks pretty much the same with only one (significant) difference. It's dark :).
- Let us know if the black header at the very top is too dark for your taste.
And this is how the dark mode will look like with an image background:
New Timeline View
The initiatives and the Timeline workflows will undergo some changes too. These are the major updates:
- We will be changing the initiatives to follow the same structural pattern as the cards.
- The maximum zoom of the board will display all properties on the initiatives.
- All zoom levels below the maximum will hide the icons for comments, subtasks, custom fields, etc.
- We will add a new "quick create" option that will allow you to create your initiatives quickly without having to open the entire card creation window.
We hope that you will like our new approach but don't hesitate to let us know if you think differently. Your thoughts are truly important for us and we will do our best to accommodate your feedback into the development process.