The text editor is available for the card description, comments, and subtasks of cards and initiatives in Kanbanize. It provides numerous text editing and formatting features. You can also add images, tables as well as annotations.
The card description has two modes - View and Edit Mode.
The card is in View Mode when you initially open it, and the text editor toolbar is hidden. In order to edit the description, click on the card description, and the toolbar will appear, indicating you can now edit the text.
This is what the card description looks like. The top bar consists of the following icons that allow you to do the following actions:
(1) Text Formatting
- Bold – Use the bold toolbar button or type **text** or __text__
- Italic – Use the italic toolbar button or type *text* or _text_
- Underline - Use the underline toolbar button or type to underline text.
- Strikethrough – Use the strikethrough toolbar button or type ~~text~~
Note: There is also a code text formatting that can be accessed only through typing `text`.
(2) Font Settings
- Font Family - set the font of the text.
- Font Size - set the size of the font of the text.
- Font Background Color - set the background color of the font of the text.
- Font Color - set the font color of the text.
(3) Text Alignment
- Text Alignment - align text to the left, center, or right of the card description window.
You can also use the justify option by which a space is added between words so that both edges of each line are aligned with both margins.
(4) Types of Lists
- Bulleted List - To create a bullet list, start a line with * or - followed by a space, or use the toolbar button.
- Numbered List - To create a numbered list, start a line with 1. or 1) followed by a space, or use the toolbar button.
- To-do List - To create a to-do list, start a line with [ ] or [x] followed by a space, or use the toolbar button to insert an unchecked or checked list item, respectively.
- Links - add hyperlinks to the text. Select the text you would like to hyperlink and click on the link icon to open up a window to paste the link URL. Note that this is intended to be used for web URLs only.
- Annotations - add comments and annotations to the text in the description. Select the text you want to comment on and click the speech bubble icon to open up the annotation window.
- Tables - insert a table in the card's description, comments, or subtasks.
- Insert Images - insert an image in the card description from your files.
- Insert Code Block - insert code block in the card description.
(6) Show More Items
- Remove formatting - by clicking on this icon, you can remove any formatting (e.g. bold) from the selected text.
- Print - by clicking on this icon, you can print the contents of the description/comment/subtask via the browser's built-in print function.
- Fullscreen -by clicking on this icon, you can view the text of the description/comment/subtask in fullscreen.