1. “Recurring Archive Cards” Business Rule
If you ever wanted to automatically archive completed cards on your boards, now you can with the release of the new business rule in our system: “Recurring Archive Cards”. With its help, you can set a schedule of when cards in the “Done” column of a board should be archived without manually moving them to “Ready to archive”.
Let’s see how that works. Inside the rule, you can:
- Specify a predicate (WHEN) for its execution (ex. “every day, every week”, etc.). Using the “Advanced schedule” allows you to further customize your predicate based on more refined details.
- Choose a condition (AND) under which the rule will be executed (ex. if the cards match a certain type). Note that except for the “board” property, “section” is also selected by default, and its value will be always “Done”.
- Configure the “archive” action (THEN) by setting the time when you want the rule to be executed.
To read more about the “Recurring Archive Cards” business rule, check out our dedicated article.
2. Convert Board Types
Moving forward, you will be able to convert Team boards into Management boards and vice versa. This allows you to quickly replicate the structure of a team/management board while transforming it into the other respective board type.
To do this, you will find a new “Convert” option from the “Board Settings” menu inside your dashboards.
When you click on it, based on the board type you’re converting, the system will give you 2 scenarios:
1. When converting a Team board into a Management board, you can choose between “Management Workspaces”. Note that all “related boards” will be disconnected upon board conversion.
2. When converting a Management board into a Team board, you can choose between “Team Workspaces”. In this case, all “linked workflows” will be disconnected upon board conversion.
3. Hierarchical Structure of Workflow Stages in the Analytics module
To give you better analysis capabilities and improve the view of your chart’s workflow stages in the Analytics module, they will now have a hierarchical structure. This ensures their organization more closely reflects your board’s setup, which is specifically useful for sophisticated processes with multiple parent and child sub-columns.
As a result of this change, when analyzing the stage times of a given work item on a chart, the following will apply:
- Whenever you select a parent column(s), you will be able to see the accumulated cycle time of its directly related child sub-columns.
- In case you deselect the parent column(s) while all last level child sub-columns remain selected, you can see the time the card has separately spent across each one of them.
Keep in mind that if you have the “Ignore Cycle Time Configuration” turned on, the work stages of your entire board structure will be visualized in the hierarchical view. Also, to better distinguish between the stages in your hierarchy, only the last level sub-columns will be colored.
4. Other Improvements
In our latest version - 8.14, we’re releasing a number of other improvements to enhance the flexibility of the product. Let’s summarize them below.
- Show backlog section in the Analytics across multiple workflows
Previously, when analyzing multiple workflows inside the Analytics module and having the “Ignore cycle time configuration” switched on, the system didn’t display the Backlog section in the workflow stages area. We’ve improved the behavior of this case, so you can now see the Backlog section when you have to run analysis across multiple workflows.
- Exclude values when creating cards from business rules
From now on, when creating cards from business rules, you will be able to:
- Leave the card’s title empty
- Set up a “None” priority
- Clear the card’s color
This improvement enables you to get the above-mentioned values directly from a default template (if you have one), so you don’t have to change them manually. Keep in mind that if you copy the details of the “triggering” card or you set any card’s values when configuring the business rule, they will be applied or combined with the ones from the default template.
- Option not to send email confirmation upon email address change
Going forward, you also get a new security control to reject email confirmation whenever an email address is modified. Once the option is enabled, email addresses will be changed immediately, without the need for confirmation by the user.
- Shortcuts for macOS users
Finally, if you are a macOS user, you can now put into practice all shortcuts, which include the CMD button on your keyboard.
Happy Kanbanizing with Kanbanize 8.14!