Google Data Studio is one of the most popular reporting platforms where you can collect and work with complex business data.
With Google Data Studio, you create interactive reports for your needs, clickable visualizations charts, and comprehensive dashboards from your data-sets and share them with your audience.
Note: The Google Data Studio integration uses the existing Kanbanize Power BI Integration capabilities and works as a wrapper of the exported data.
To get started, you need to deploy our Kanbanize DataStudioConnector script.
Here is a shared link to the script: https://script.google.com/d/1yHw1N4Q0DuFvZdhVp3T0r5in4OwF7FkYNcJcG3yOiS-GXkS9PhfvDrsU/edit?usp=sharing.
Note: You can copy the script and deploy it in your own account, or publish using the script via Deployment from the manifest file. The second option would require using the old classic App Script Editor from Google.
See this video for more details on how to do that and build the whole report:
2. Get your Kanbanize data by creating a "Power BI" dataset
Step 1: Use the Advanced Search functionality in Kanbanize to get data and export custom reports. You can use filters to narrow down your data and configure it to hide/show certain properties and thus focus on a specific portion of data.
Note: when configuring your results, you can select "Description" to get displayed relevant content per card. The number of characters with spaces depends on the number of results you get in your report.
- If you get from 1 to 10 results (cards), the system displays 100000 characters from the description.
- if you get from 11 to 30 results (cards), the system displays up to 30000 characters.
from 31 to 100 cards - up to 10000 characters.
from 101 to 300 - up to 3000 characters.
from 301 to 1000 - up to 1000 characters.
from 1001 to 3000 - up to 300 characters.
above 3000 - up to 100 characters.
Step 2. Once you generate your report, proceed further and Save it. Give it a name, checkmark the Power BI query, and select "Save Filter".
Step 3. You will see the generated script from your search results. Copy the script to use it in the advanced query editor in Power BI.
3. Activate the DataStudioConnector script and build your reports in the Google Data Studio platform.
1. Upon deployment you need to authorize the Script for your Google Account.
Note: Use the advanced options at the authorization window as this script is not yet officially deployed at the Google Appstore.
2. In the DataStudioConnector script copy the Power BI Query from the Advanced Search and connect it.
2. The script should wrap and extract all property fields from Power BI and prepare them for the Google Data Studio format.
3. Once these are accepted, you will have your Google Data Studio set ready for building the Reports you need:
Note: Take a look at the following video for detailed settings and step by step guidance how to use the Connector Script: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BTSaLc77VjYBZsjVuzX4UQYBCKrzQaP4/view