Looker Studio (Google Data Studio) is one of the most popular reporting platforms where you can collect and work with complex business data. With Looker Studio, you can create interactive reports for your needs, clickable visualization charts, and comprehensive dashboards from your data sets and share them with your audience.
Note: The Looker Studio integration uses the existing Kanbanize Power BI Integration capabilities and works as a wrapper of the exported data.
To get started, search for the Kanbanize Connector in the Looker Studio.
Here is a link to the connector: https://lookerstudio.google.com/data?search=kanbanize
2. Get Your Kanbanize Data by Creating a “Power Bi” Dataset
Step 1: Use the Advanced Search functionality in Kanbanize to get data and export custom reports. You can use filters to narrow down your data and configure it to hide/show certain properties and thus focus on a specific portion of data.
Note: When configuring your results, you can select "Description" to get displayed relevant content per card. The number of characters with spaces depends on the number of results you get in your report.
- If you get from 1 to 10 results (cards), the system displays 100,000 characters from the description.
- if you get from 11 to 30 results (cards), the system displays up to 30,000 characters.
- from 31 to 100 cards - up to 10,000 characters.
- from 101 to 300 - up to 3,000 characters.
- from 301 to 1,000 - up to 1,000 characters.
- from 1,001 to 3,000 - up to 300 characters.
- above 3,000 - up to 100 characters.
Alternatively, you can also use the Reporting functionality in Kanbanize to customize and generate a Power BI query for the pre-built reports available.
Step 2. Once you generate your report, proceed further and Save it. Give it a name, checkmark the Power BI query, and select "Save Filter."
For queries generated by the Reporting functionality, you need to check the “Share this report as public” checkbox.
Step 3. You will see the generated script from your search results. Copy the script to use it in the Kanbanize connector in Google Looker Studio.
3. Activate the KanbanizeConnector and build your reports in the Looker Studio platform.
1. Upon deployment you need to authorize the connector for your Google Account.
2. In the Kanbanize connector, copy the Power BI Query you obtained and connect it.
Optionally, you can check the “Parse Dates?” checkbox, which will return the date and datetime fields as dates.
3. The connector should wrap and extract all property fields from Power BI and prepare them for the Looker Studio format.
4. Once these are accepted, you will have your Looker Studio set ready for building the Reports you need:
Note: Take a look at the following video for detailed settings and step-by-step guidance on how to use the Connector: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gBB2Tdl7GLsDRnaiEgf07nZmM_Hn0-j-/view?usp=sharing